Thursday, April 26, 2007

Shame, Shame, Shame

I've been a bad boy. I haven't run since the Scotland Run 10k at the beginning of April. I caught a cold afterwards and became really congested. Since then I have run only three times, including yesterday, and each run has been four miles or less.

Because of my newfound laziness I have noticed several side effects of not running. I stopped hydrating, stopped taking my vitamins and protein bars and have became quite lethargic. Worse of all I started smoking again, and I don't mean the good stuff.

Loser, loser, loser!

I've kept from blogging mainly because of my disappointment with myself. I went from running eight miles to running none.

I was concerned that I undid my training but yesterday I was reinspired by my buddy Nick who fell off earlier this year but is now back on track. I ran a little over a 5K yesterday at a 9:00 mile. I'm getting back on the horse. I'm going to run every night for the rest of the week.

I have to get back on track.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear friend,

Perhaps the best way to overcome your challenges is to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Through him, your spirit will be lifted and you will enjoy immeasurable success, eternal life and salvation. The next time you go running, look back at your sneaker prints and know that the reason there is only one set is because Christ is carrying you.

Yours truly,

Jack