Friday, May 25, 2007

Baby Steppin to the Big One

I have been accepted to run at the Nike NYC Half Marathon! Like the ING NYC Marathon, this race used a lottery system to determine who would be invited to run. Unlike the marathon, the odds were better than 50/50. I believe they chose 13,000 out of 17,000 entrants.

The race will begin in Central Park. After a one-a-round in the park it will go down Times Square and down the West Side Highway to Battery Park. I'm sure if there was a bridge, they would run us down to the Statue of Liberty.

I signed up for this race to keep myself on track. Knowing that I have to run 13.1 miles at the beginning of August will keep me on pace for 26.2 in November.

1 comment:

Tino said...

Awesome!! get to ten miles by the middle of July, 8 miles by the end of june - you should be good!