Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ready to Train


The first of two training schedules that I would like to follow requires that I start running at least four miles/run. So for the past week I have been trying to get my mileage up from zero to four so that I could start my training schedule the first week of March. Well I'm happy to report that I am now ready to train.

This morning I broke the four mile barrier and I must say it went down pretty easily. I don't want to get to cocky but I am beginning to believe that this marathon is really doable. I found a nice route in my neighborhood using USATF's Route Mapper and had a wonderful run.

Since I'm not starting my schedule until Monday I think I'll run the same route a few more times to pick up my pace. My splits today were: 10:21.5, 10:26.0, 11:51.5, 09:41.6. The whole run was at an average pace of 10:35/mile. I'm getting really excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Ralphie!