Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My First Road Runner Race

Yesterday, I signed up for the Coogan's Salsa, Blues and Shamrocks 5k. I'm told it is lots o'fun. It starts off in Washington Heights near the armory, a.k.a. the New Balance track where I used to run indoor track as a kid, and goes up Fort Tryon Avenue up to Fort Tryon Park. I'm told that the course is lined with dozens of bands playing blues, salsa and Irish music.

It is an official NYRRC qualifying run for guaranteed entry into next year's marathon but since I didn't join the club in January, it doesn't count for me. Thanks to Danny F. again for the inspiration. I wouldn't have known about this race or even considered it if it wasn't for his comment. Unfortunately, I didn't take him up on the challenge early enough to get the early bird special but now that I know, I'm going to start looking ahead in the calendar for other races to register for.

Wish me luck, I think its all uphill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck today!!! Just know that we- your family- are proud of you. We think it's great that you are becoming a healthy, strong uncle!!! And hey - its looking like my wish for you is coming true!! Great weather for a great Run!!!