Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Running Music

I've been wondering about the challenge of creating an i-pod playlist for the marathon that would be there when I need it. At that moment when I need to place my mind elsewhere, what would I play? Maybe a good audiobook? When I have to overcome pain, obviously something inspirational? I don't think the Chariots of Fire theme will work for me though. How about when I need that final kick. What will be the perfect track for my perfect finish? After all, I plan on having a lot of people waiting at the finish line, I can't allow myself to just hobble in. Eye of the Tiger, B-52s, or something from The Cults' Love album? Well, I come across a pretty cool post of running music. Keep in mind that the list certainly doubles as a list of workout music as well.

The author posted his favorites, which reminded me that I definitely need to download some Rage Against the Machine, but the cool part is that the post has 50 comments with others offering their fav five, or more, on their ipods.

Check it out at:
The Derek Rose Blog

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think a little World Inferno will help you move :)

Unknown said...

Good idea! Didn't even think of that one.

World Inferno Friendship Society might be nice for when we get to Williamsburg.