Friday, February 23, 2007

So far So Good

So, after a succesful and invigorating two mile run on Wednesday morning, I decided to take Thursday off. I had gone from dropping dead on Monday to loving running on Wednesday, so I figured the damage was done. I took off this morning on a new route, a three mile route. No prob.

My time was slower than usual but I never ran out of breath. I intentionally kept my pace slow, but since it was a new route and I didn't know where my first mile marker was I think I messed up. No worries, the point is that I made a 3 mile run with a 10:30 pace. I wanted to get it up there by today since I promised my brother-in-law Steve that we would run Forest Park tomorrow and I would hate to have to slow him down. I'm very excited about my first week. I think I'll sign up for a 5k race soon.

1 comment:

KL said...

Hey, great!
I'm doing the same after I met a friend of my parents, who run NY marathon last November. The day after Xmas we were together and he started to tell about the race, and the medal, and the satisfaction, and the proud of it and I thought: next year I'll be there too!!! The beginning was the hell, I haven't been running for months, but I'm getting better after 8 weeks regular training, and I'm about 14k now (what's that? 9 miles?). Keep on strongly believe I can do that!
Last week I was away on job and I met two guys ready for the Rome marathon of the 18th of March... one of them has a personal time of 2 h 26'...!!!!!! we went together for a run and I felt like I was training with Superman :-( But I don't care... not that time, but I'm sure I can do that properly! To motivate myself I signed up for a Half Marathon on the 1st of April! Will I be ready for that? I hope...
Good luck for your preparation! Keep on trainig, the 4th of November is near...
;-)